The first in a series…….stay tuned.
Sesame, Black Pepper and Yogurt Flatbread Crack
Beware. These are extremely addictive. Baking these thin flatbread crackers in an oven that has been turned off prevents burning and produces a nice, evenly coloured flatbread cracker.
Write a review
- 125 grams unbleached bread flour
- 25 grams buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 45 grams toasted sesame seeds
- 80 grams plain whole milk yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 40 grams water
- salt and olive oil to finish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 450 F (225C).
- Pass the flour and baking powder together through a fine sieve.
- Mix all the ingredients in a medium sized bowl and knead on a lightly floured surface for about 5 minutes. Or use your stand mixer.
- Divide the dough in 2 equal pieces and roll each one out as thinly as possible between two sheets of parchment paper.
- Remove the top sheet of parchment and using a fork, poke holes all over the dough.
- If desired, brush the dough with more olive oil and then sprinkle a little more sea salt evenly over the dough
- Transfer to 2 cookie sheets.
- Place in the oven and immediately turn it off.
- Bake in the cooling oven for 10-15 minutes or until the flatbreads have turned golden.
- If you own a pasta maker you can use it to roll out the dough. This produces an even and very thin flatbread cracker.
Susan McKenna Grant https://www.susanmckennagrant.com/